Wednesday, March 7, 2012

DLMG: WELCOME TO MOLLYWOOD

Recently I had the opportunity to talk to a rising star out of #LA, Problem from Diamond Lane Music Group. I was drawn to do this interview for a few reasons. First, he's fam & I love to support my folks. Second, I LOVE HIS MUSIC!!!! He reminds me of DJ Quik in the early to mid 90's. Remember when Quik was fly and nasty??? Yea that! Lastly, he just dropped a single with West Coast living legend, E-40. The single is called "Function" and it GOES. This song will have us out here tryna function all summer long! The beat is hitting! 

I'm sure you'll love this song because it also features YG ("Tooted&Booted) and IAMSU ("Beat the Pu**y Up). The song has that same party vibe that makes you just jump out your seat. Check out the video that was released on Monday! And I'd love your feedback.



In addition to the Function video dropping, my dude Problem also dropped a hot new mix tape, "Welcome to Mollywood". You've probably heard a few of the songs from the mix tape in rotation in the clubs or on the radio. My 2 favorites are "Rollin featuring Bad Lucc" and "Cheerleader". 


Download the mix tape NOW at "Welcome to Mollywood".


In our interview I had to ask Problem a few fashion related questions considering this is a FASHION blog! I also wanted to dispute the myth that LA guys don't have style. So here's what I learned:


SSC: What inspires your music?
Problem: I'm inspired by the Diamond Lane Movement and my family

SSC: What is your personal style?
Problem: urban, upscale, I'm not really a label whore like some of my homies

SSC: What are some of your favorite brands?
Problem: I wear denim a lot so my favs are Diesel, Robins and of course Trues

SSC: Who influences you in the industry?
Problem: Kanye because of his "don't give a shit attitude" he puts out that he feels is hot. Drake because of his melodic lyrics & Eminem because he's so passionate about his music.

SSC: What do you want the world to know about your music & movement?
Problem: DIAMOND LANE MUSIC GROUP will change the way people look at the West Coast...glitz, glam, the cars, the ladies, the money...the life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Please follow me and I will gladly follow you back!

SugarScout
*MUAH*